Dress CodeThe purpose of our dress code is to provide members and their guests with a guide to appropriate dress when visiting the Chevy Chase Country Club. It is our sincere hope that you will always be picture ready while enjoying your experiences at the Club.
Around The Club
In the Clubhouse; on the Terrace, Patio, and Courtyard
Yes to traditional golf and contemporary dress (as herein defined).
No to t-shirts, cargo shorts, warm-up suits, swim wear, or golf shoes, sneakers and flip flops.
On the Golf Course
Yes to slacks, golf shorts, capris, or skirts; tucked in collared shirts, sleeveless blouses, turtleneck and mock neck shirts, sweaters and pullovers; golf shoes, dress and casual shoes such as loafers and leather sandals.
No to t-shirts, cargo shorts, warm-up suits swim wear, or sneakers and flip flops.
At the Pool
Yes to bathing suits and pool footwear such as sneakers, and flip-flops.
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Children
Slacks, golf shorts and tucked in collared shirts, turtleneck and mock neck shirts, sweaters and pullovers; golf shoes, dress and casual shoes such as loafers and leather sandals.
NO thank you...
T-shirts, cargo shorts or pants and warm-up suits. Wear your bathing suits and pool footwear such as sneakers and flip flops at the Pool.
Slacks, golf shorts, capris, skirts or shorts, golf shirts, sleeveless blouses, turtleneck and mock neck shirts, sweaters and pullovers; golf shoes, dress and casual shoes such as loafers and leather sandals.
NO thank you...
Tube tops, tank tops, midriff attire, short shorts, cut-offs, cargo shorts or pants and warm-up suits. Wear your bathing suits and pool footwear such as sneakers and flip flops at the Pool.
We ask that children 13 years of age or older comply with the adult dress code policies. For children under age 13, we ask parents to encourage dress in compliance with our dress code.
Contemporary Dress, Footwear, and Hats
Defined as “smart casual”, which may include denim jeans if properly sized and worn at waist height, in excellent condition and consistent in color. Appropriate denim jeans does not include denim with holes or rips, frayed material, excessively bell bottomed, cut-offs, denim shorts or mini-skirts, work-type denim, bibs, painter pants, or jeans that are worn extremely low-cut or low-slung. Please pair your denim with shirts and shoes that comply with general dress code policy as stated above.
- Flip-flops from the parking lot and men’s and women’s locker rooms to pool area;
- Women’s dress sandals in the clubhouse.
- Pool or beach style flip flops or flip flop style sandals on the Golf Course, or while dining in the Clubhouse, or on the Terrace, Patio, and Courtyard;
- Golf shoes in the Clubhouse other than going in or out of and while in the golf locker rooms;
- Teva type sandals in the Clubhouse.
Hats & Caps
- In the Golf Shop or locker rooms, but not in the Clubhouse;
- On the Patio for lunch and cocktail service;
- Dressy hats, religious or health related head coverings.
- In any of the dining areas of the Patio after 6:00 p.m. (except for religious or health related matters)
- Worn with the bill facing backward.